Service in Industry Hub is a blog providing insight, analysis, comment and opinion and offering a platform for discussion and exchange on the topic of services in industrial and B2B markets.
It is connected with the Service In Industry Group on LinkedIn, a community of practitioners, managers, consultants and academics.
If you are a Service professional (manager, practitioner, consultant, academic or student) in an industrial setting join our group Service in Industry on Linkedin
Service in Industry is an evolving concept with a number of collaborators:
Titos Anastassacos is a co-founder of Si2 Partners, a management consultancy and services firm for service based businesses. He focuses on service strategy and business development, outcome based services, pricing, operations and service delivery models as well as Industrial Internet of Things applications and asset management. Prior to Si2 he was a Managing Partner at Origin Strategic Resources, a senior executive at Veolia Environnement, the French environmental services group and at ABB Asea Brown Boveri, where he was one of the original team that built the company’s renowned service business. He also spent 10 years in consulting with Accenture and LB Knight. He has an MSc in Economics and Mathematics from the University of Mannheim, a PGDip in Industrial Engineering from NTU Athens and an MBA from Cranfield University.
Email: email@example.com Web: www.si2partners.com
Nick Frank is a co-founder of Si2 Partners, a management consultancy and services firm for service based businesses. He focuses primarily on service strategy development, servitization business models, ecosystems, innovation management, and service business development, working on numerous projects in diverse industries including engineering, high volume manufacturing, equipment manufacturing and technology. Prior to his career as a consultant, Nick worked as a Professional Engineer and Launch Manager at Xerox, Director of Full Service Provider Programs at Textron Inc and later as General Manager After-Market Sales EMEA at Husky Injection Molding Systems. Nick has BSc in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Southampton and an MBA from Cranfield University.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.si2partners.com
Peter Maier is a consultant in service operations, logistics and parts management. Peter spent many years at Linde AG rising to senior positions in manufacturing and logistics, including as Head of Global Logistics Projects, Head of European Parts Operations and Global Supply Chain Director, contributing to significant improvement in the company’s operational performance and bottom line. He also worked as Operations Director for Hako Group and as Senior Consultant for Management Engineers. He now focuses on helping clients develop and execute global operations, logistics and service parts strategies and implement robust processes and management systems. Peter is also Managing Director of PMK Service Parts Management, a firm offering comprehensive management, execution and technology solutions for service parts management.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Service in Industry Hub we are thoughtful about the personal information we may ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our website.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so –for example, to communicate with you or to improve our website.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us and information our website services provider, in this case Automattic Inc., the proprietor of WordPress.com, provides to us, albeit in aggregate and anonymized form, – which is collected automatically through using our website. You can read about the information collected by Automattic Inc. on the Automattic.com Privacy Notice.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us when you leave a comment our website or when you opt to join our mailing or communications list. The amount and type of information we collect is limited to your name and email address and, in some cases, your company name and telephone number as well as your country location. You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with us, our associates, employees or experts.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To further develop and improve our website and services –for example by adding new features or content that we think our users will find useful;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our website, which helps us improve our website and services;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising or publicity actions, and better understand user retention and attrition;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our website, protect the security of our website, detect and prevent fraudulent communications or transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of ourselves and others, which may result in us declining our services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about our offerings or activities we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on our business and our services; and
- To personalize your experience using our website or services, provide content recommendations or target our marketing messages to groups of our users.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
For residents of the European Union our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws are as follows:
(1) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our website and services, to improve our website and services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our website and services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our publicity or advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our website and services, and to personalize your experience; or
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account, if any, or your subscription, if any; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, those of third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our website or services.
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on our website, and your “Likes” and comments are all available to others.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no website service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our website for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of receiving messaages we may still send you legal notices if applicable and required.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, our website may not respond to “do not track” signals. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features of our website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
If you would like to contact us about your rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
The controllers for processing your personal information are:
Titos Anastassacos, Bruchhaeuser Weg 22, D-69124 Heidelberg, Email: email@example.com
Nick Frank, Luxembourg, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
- In the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.